What Information Does Dreams Collective Gather and How is it Used?
The information we collect is primarily used to provide the Services, to process and complete any transactions, to respond to inquiries, to personalize and improve the Services, to monitor and analyze usage and trends of the Services, to provide you with related, relevant information, and for any other purpose for which the information was collected. In connection with certain aspects of the Services, we may request, collect and/or display some information about you. We collect the following types of information from our users.
When you create an Account, we will collect personal information from you, such as your name and email address. If you create an Account using your login from another account, such as Facebook or Twitter, we will access and collect the personal information about you that the account provides (which is based on your privacy settings), so that you can create your Account with us. We use your contact information to send you information about our Services. You may unsubscribe from receiving certain types of these messages through your Account settings, although dreams collective reserves the right to contact you when we believe it is necessary, such as for administrative and account management purposes.
Note regarding children: We do not knowingly collect personal information from children. If we learn that we have collected personal information of a child under 13, we will take steps to delete such information from our files as soon as possible.
One feature of the Services is the ability to create shortened uniform resource locators (URLs) of websites (“dreams collective links”). Dreams collective collects and stores both the original URL and the shortened URL and, if you are logged in to your Account, we will associate that information with your Account. Dreams collective also collects and stores the time and date on which you shortened the original URL and when you share the dreams collective Link, information on the channels through which the dreams collective link was shared.
Metrics and Analytics:
Dreams collective collects information about accesses (such as clicks) of every dreams collective Link created through the Services. This information includes, but is not limited to: (i) the IP address and physical location of the devices accessing the dreams collective link; (ii) the referring websites or services; (iii) the time and date of each access; and (iv) information about sharing of the dreams collective Link on Third Party Services such as Twitter and Facebook. These metrics and analytics are used by dreams collective and its partners to improve their websites and services by, for example, providing value-added features.
Some features of the Services allow you to provide content to the Services, such as written descriptions of URLs, comments, images and video. For example, using the Bundles feature, dreams collective users can curate and “bundle together” a set of links, and can add content to those bundles, such as comments and videos. All content submitted by you to the services may be retained by dreams collective, even after you terminate your account, and may continue to be shared by third parties, as described in this dreams.
Information Collected From Third Party Services:
Some features of the Services allow you to share your content and dreams collective links through your accounts with other companies such as Facebook and Twitter. If you choose to connect dreams collective to such Third Party Services, we may collect information related to your use of those Third Party Services, such as authentication tokens that allow us to connect to your Third Party Service accounts or the contact information of your friends (if you choose to connect your friends, followers, or contacts from your account) so that you can contact these people when you use the Services. We may also collect information about how you are using the Services to interact with those connected Third Party Services. Note that Third Party Services may have the ability to restrict the information that is provided to us based on your privacy settings of that account.
Information Collected Automatically:
- Dreams collective automatically receives and records information from your web browser when you interact with the Services, such as your IP address, browser type, your general location and cookie information. This information may be used to help us understand how users transit a website, to fight spam/malware, to facilitate collection of data concerning your interaction with the Services (e.g., what dreams collective Links you have clicked on) and for other similar purposes.
- Dreams collective also automatically receives and records information that your mobile device transmits when you access the Services, like a device identifier, device settings, and operating system. This information is used to facilitate your access and use of the Services, to access and use other Third Party Services, and for other similar purposes.
- Generally, the Services automatically collect usage information, such as the number and frequency of visitors to the Site. Dreams collective may use this data in aggregate form, that is, as a statistical measure, but not in a manner that would identify you personally. This type of aggregate data enables us and third parties authorized by us to figure out how often individuals use parts of the Services so that we can analyze and improve them.
- We will collect information about your general location (such as your city and state) when you visit the Site (which is derived from your IP address) and we may use various technologies to determine your location (if you enable this feature), when you access and use the Services through a mobile device.
- We may receive a confirmation when you open an email from us. We use this confirmation to improve our customer service.
- Dreams collective cookies also allow dreams collective to track when you have clicked on a dreams collective Link. Each click of a dreams collective Link is tracked using a unique identifier assigned to you in one or more cookies stored by your web browser and associated with dreams collective.
- Most browsers have an option for turning off the cookie feature, which will prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, as well as (depending on the sophistication of your browser software) allowing you to decide on acceptance of each new cookie in a variety of ways. If you disable cookies, you will not be able use most features of the Services. Dreams collective cookies are set to automatically expire after a certain period of time from when they are set and they only mean good and no harm.
- If your worried about cookies and being tracked than you can also manage other companies’ cookies used for online advertising here: Consumer Choice Page
What Information Is Shared?
The Services are designed to help you share information with others. As a result, much of the information generated through the Services is shared publicly or with third parties.
Dreams Collective Links and Usage Information:
Much of your activity on and through the Services is public by default. This includes, but is not limited to:
- The original URLs you have shortened, their corresponding dreams collective Links, the time and date those URLs were shortened, and metrics and analytics information for your dreams collective Links, as described above;
- Aggregate non-personal information about what dreams collective Links you have clicked on and associated metrics and analytics information, as described above; and
- Any Bundles you have created, along with content added to those Bundles, if you have elected to make those Bundles public.
For registered users, some of this information is publicly accessible through a unique URL, which you can make non-public through your Account settings when you are logged in. Removing access to the unique URL does not, however, make this information non-public, and it may still be accessible through other means, such as dreams collective’s API services.
Dreams collective Links and the general use of the Services may be shared in anonymized and/or aggregated form (in other words, non-personally identifiable) with our customers and business partners, like with the owners of the URLs that are shared through the Services. This information enables them to do things like better understand how people use their products and services and other products and services, to learn about the interests their users have and how our Services interoperate with their services, to do product development, marketing optimization and research, and to improve the relevancy of any online advertisements or marketing that is displayed through their services (or to tailor it to your interests).
Please also remember that if you choose to provide information about you using certain features of the Services, then that information is governed by the privacy settings of those particular features and may be publicly available to others.
IP Address Information:
While we may collect and store IP address information, that information is not shared publicly. We do at times, however, share IP address information with our partners, service providers and other companies with whom we conduct business. In most cases, when we share your IP address with other third parties, we will use a cryptographic hash of the IP address, which cannot feasibly be reversed into the actual IP addresses themselves or linked to you individually.
Information You Elect to Share:
When creating a dreams collective Link, you can share that dreams collective Link through Third Party Services. Any information that you elect to distribute through Third Party Services is provided to them and may then become accessible to users of those services. You can also access other Third Party Services through the Services, for example by clicking on links in the Statistics page for a dreams collective Link. We recommend that you review the terms of services and privacy policies of such Third Party Services that you access through the Services, since dreams collective does not control and is not responsible for the privacy practices of these Third Party Services.
User Profile Information:
User profile information including your username, Twitter handle and Facebook account name (to the extent you have linked your Account with those services), and other information you enter may be displayed to other users to facilitate user interaction within the Services. Users’ email addresses will not be directly revealed to other users by dreams collective.
Information Shared with Service Providers of dreams collective:
We may employ and contract with people and other entities to perform certain tasks on our behalf and under our direction (our “Service Providers”). We may need to share information about you with our Service Providers in order to provide products or services to you. Unless we tell you differently, our Service Providers do not have any right to use the information we share with them beyond what is necessary to assist us.
Information Disclosed Pursuant to Business Transfers:
We may transfer and/or provide information about our users in connection with an acquisition, sale of company assets, or other situation where user information would be transferred as one of our business assets. In such a case, the acquirer of dreams collective may continue to use your information as set forth in this policy.
Information Disclosed for the Protection of dreams collective and others:
dreams collective also reserves the right to access, read, preserve, and disclose any information as it reasonably believes is necessary to (i) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, (ii) enforce these Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations hereof, (iii) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, (iv) respond to user support requests, or (v) protect the rights, property or safety of dreams collective, its users and the public. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and spam/malware prevention.
Information We Share With Your Consent:
We will share information about you when you instruct us to do so, such as when you share dreams collective Links or content with others through the Services or if we notify you that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information (like sharing/posting it with a Third Party Service).
How Is My Information Protected?
Your Account information is protected by a password for your privacy and security. You can prevent unauthorized access to your account by selecting and protecting your password appropriately and limiting access to your computer and browser by signing off after you have finished accessing your account.
dreams collective endeavors to protect the information it collects about its users using industry-standard security processes and controls, however, despite these efforts, no security measure is perfect or impenetrable and dreams collective does not guarantee or warrant that such measures will prevent unauthorized access to the information about you that is stored by dreams collective. In the event we experience a breach of security, we will promptly notify you if your personal information has been compromised, in accordance with applicable law.
What Choices Do I Have and What Information of Mine Can I Access?
You don’t need an account to create dreams collective Links and you can use many of the features of the Services without registering, thereby limiting the type of information that is collected about you individually.
If you are a registered user, you can access information associated with your Account by logging into the Site. This information includes a history of the URLs you have shortened, and access to the metrics pages for those URLs. You can deactivate your Account at any time through your Account settings page. If you deactivate your Account, you will no longer be able to access or use the Services.
Please note that in the interest of ensuring that existing dreams collective Links continue to function for all of our users, the dreams collective Links that you have created and shared cannot be deleted or disabled (even if your Account is deactivated), and any shortening and sharing activity that has already occurred on your Account also cannot be deleted (but your user history can be set to private from within your Account settings). If you have concerns about any unauthorized usage of your Account, please contact us at email@example.com and we will disable future shortening activity on your Account.
If you are not a registered user, you can access the metrics pages for your dreams collective Links by adding the “+” symbol to the end of the URL.
Dreams collective may amend this dreams from time to time. Use of information we collect now is subject to us in effect at the time such information is used. If we make material changes in the way we collect or use information, we will notify you by posting an announcement on the Services or sending you an email and we will indicate when those changes will become effective. You are agreeing to be bound by any changes to the dreams when you use the Services after those changes become effective.
What If I Have Questions or Concerns?
If you have any questions or concerns regarding privacy using the Services, please send us a detailed message to: firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to resolve your concerns but we ask you to please be patient.